In addition to the University and Faculty minimum entry requirements, a Geography student in Level I must have:
- At least a credit pass in Geography, English and Mathematics in the GCE or NECO O/L examinations or their equivalent;
- Meet the cut-off point in UTME (and Post-UTME);
- In addition to the University and Faculty minimum entry qualifications, a student wishing to enter directly into Level 200 must have:
- A pass at C Grade or above in Geography in the GCE A/Level or IJMB
- Equivalent qualifications acceptable to the faculty.
For those entering B.A. /B.Sc. (Ed.) programme in Level 200 with NCE qualification, a pass at C Grade or above in Geography is required.